kathleen parker

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kathleen Parker is leaving CNN’s Parker Spitzer to focus on her writing. Kathleen’s departure has been widely anticipated for some time now. CNN made the announcement on Friday, February 25. The network also stated that they are reformatting the show so that future episodes will show remaining host and former disgraced New York governor, Eliot Spitzer, engaging in conversations and debates with “several newsmakers, guests and contributors.” Parker Spitzer will be changed to In the Arena.
Parker-spitzer.jpg
 Effective Monday, the program will be renamed “In The Arena.” Several people will join Mr. Spitzer in the aforementioned arena, including E.D. Hill, Will Cain and “others within and outside the CNN family,” Ken Jautz, the executive in charge of CNN/U.S., said in a memorandum Friday afternoon.

Parker’s statement:
After bringing viewers a new 8pm show on CNN, I have decided to return to a schedule that will allow me to focus more on my syndicated newspaper column and other writings. While I am extremely proud of the show we created, and the subject matter and level of discourse Parker Spitzer promoted every night, it was a difficult decision to scale back my column a few months ago and, with the show going in a new direction, it is a good time to move on. I want to thank the viewers who have been so kind with their comments and support. I will continue to appear to contribute and analyze occasionally on CNN and look forward to continuing my relationship with CNN and the many talented individuals I have worked with here.

0 comments: